Monday, May 26, 2014

Mastering Palazzo and Harem Pants

Palazzo and harem pants are all the rage this summer. Palazzo pants are wide-leg all the way down (they can look like a maxi when legs are together); whereas harem pants are wide-leg at the top, but get tighter around the ankle. Both types of pants are comfy and cute; but some people hesitate to purchase them in fear that they'll be mistaken for wearing pajamas.Well, I'm here to help you pull together a trendy outfit without looking like you're heading for bed.
To the left, I am wearing my favorite harem pants. They're navy with a cream feather pattern (looks like polka dots from a distance). I paired the pants with a basic cream tank. Since the pants are loose, it is important to give the upper-body some shape. I tucked in the front of my tank so I didn't look too boxy.
Accessories are important in steering the outfit away from looking like pjs. In the picture, I am wearing a simple blue and tan necklace and a few blue and tan bangles around my wrist.
To tie the outfit together, I added my favorite leather shoulder-bag to match my tan sandals.
Wasn't too hard, now was it? Palazzo and harem pants are great for any occasion. They can be paired with heels and a cute crop top for a night out or with sandals and a basic tank for a chill summer day. Just remember, add some shape to your upper body and feel free to add a few cute accessories!

Palazzo and harem pants are sold at many stores. Here are a few different pairs I found online:

Left - Harem pants from Forever 21
Center - Harem pants from Urban Outfitters
Right - Palazzo Pants from Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment