Friday, May 30, 2014

A Statement Summer

Summer is all about fun, bright colors and what better way to showcase those colors than through statement accessories! One reason I love statement accessories is because they can bring life to any basic outfit. Another reason is because the statement trends are always changing. Last summer was all about the bubble necklaces; whereas this summer includes a bigger variety. Necklaces don't have to be the only piece of jewelry that you use as a statement this summer. You can show off your bright colors in bracelets and rings as well!

Bangle bracelet sets are a staple jewelry piece and with added color they become a statement. The set I am wearing in the above picture includes navy and turquoise in different sizes and patterns to give the bangle set a nice pop.
Beaded necklaces are very popular this summer and the one I am wearing above is one of my absolute favorites. This necklace is filled with fun, summer colors that draw attention to any simple dress or shirt.
I have always been a big fan of rings. Since I typically leave my fingernails unpainted, a statement ring adds a nice vibrant touch. In the picture above, I am wearing a bohemian triple-bead ring.

A few sites that have great statement accessories are:
Forever 21
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Category.aspx?br=f21&category=acc_jewelry
Francesca's
http://www.francescas.com/category/jewelry/view+all+jewelry.do?nType=1
Charolette Russe
http://www.charlotterusse.com/category/Jewelry/3045.uts
...and many more!

So, remember, when you're out shopping for colorful summer items to add to your wardrobe, don't forget to browse the jewelry section!

xoxo, Emma

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Love your blog, keep going!! What are your thoughts on earrings as statement pieces too? I see a lot of girls wearing either HUGE hoop earrings or the feathered earrings with a lot of crazy colors that seem to make pretty big statements. Let me know your thoughts!! I hope you are doing well and I miss you! - Dan

    ReplyDelete